The environment, terrain, and overall focus of trail running & walking are quite different from road running & walking, so it is important to be prepared. One of the reasons some people are wary of trails is that they are afraid of getting injured.
The uneven terrain, rocks, roots, narrow paths, and hills cause many inexperienced individuals to become anxious about what might happen. It does take a little while to become adept at “seeing” the trail, but by taking Trails 101, a beginner level course, you will safely gain the tools to make your first experience with trails a successful one!
Discounts & Drawings
- 20% off shoes.
- Free technical visor
- $10 technical tank tops.
- Technical vs. Non-Technical trails
- Fueling & equipment needs
- Running & walking tips
- Finding trails
- Volunteering at events!
- A training schedule will be provided for each month, with 2-3 runs/walks (whatever your pace) per week over 13 weeks.
- The first meeting is an informational meeting at Tortoise & Hare on July 11th from 6-7 pm.
- Class ends October 12th.
- Classes meet on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6 pm -7 pm at various trails around town.
- Weekday trails will be “easy” non-technical trails with runs and walks ranging from 2 to 4 miles.
- Optional weekend “challenge” runs which will take you on longer outings (more technical or hilly trails).
Events & Races
The race begins at the Afterhours Ski Hall off Highway 2 in Brule, WI.
Sunday, August 13th, 2017. 9 am start time.Learn More
- The course runs on trails through Pattison State Park.
- Proceeds benefit Pattison State Park.
Sunday, July 16th, 2017. 10 am Start time.Learn More
A non-timed event on the Superior Hiking Trail. We are also in charge of an aid station!
Saturday, September 30th, 2017. 6:30 am start time for 27.4 mile race.Learn More
Eve is a certified coach who has been guiding pre-schoolers through adults in running, tennis, soccer, and Nordic skiing and other cross training for over 20 years.Contact
Until June 1st: $60
After June 1st: $70
You must be pre-registered before the first meeting.